Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Brazilian Top Team

 
After searching through the city of Rio de Janeiro to find a good Brazilian Jiu Jitsu academy, I found Brazilian Top Team.

 
The Brazilian Top Team (BTT) is a mixed martial arts academy specializing in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and boxing. The academy was established in April 2000 by Murilo Bustamante, Ricardo Libório, Mário Sperry and Luis Roberto Duarte, former-members of the Carlson Gracie Academy, to develop and create new training techniques for Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, submission wrestling and mixed martial arts.

When I walked into BTT there was only one man in the academy.  He was probably the biggest man that I have ever seen and he actually looked a lot like Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, the famous WWE wrestler and movie star.  The first inclination was to be extremely intimidated and I didn't expect him to speak English.  But he was one of the nicest people that I have ever met.  We grappled without a GI (jiu jitsu uniform) for 5 rounds starting from the floor.  He was able to submit me each time after a few minutes of me at least putting up some good defense and offense.  I just have not trained BJJ (Brazilian Jiu Jitsu) long enough.  I will train with friends in my house and watch instructional DVDs to improve.  And perhaps join an MMA gym close by my house.  
 
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu has been proven to be very effective for defeating a larger and stronger opponent.  Even though I was much smaller than my opponent, I was still able to at least defend myself on the ground.  Whereas if we were sparring kickboxing it would be LIGHTS OUT for me.  In the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Royce Gracie proved that BJJ could defeat anyone regardless of the size of the opponent.  

Watch videos on YOUTUBE (BJJ Weekly), grab a friend, find some mats, and then do some jiu jitsu.  It can be effective for self defense against an attacker in some scenarios (not if he has a knife).

Psalm 144:1
"A psalm of David. Praise the LORD, who is my rock. He trains my hands for war and gives my fingers skill for battle."

1 comment:

  1. Oi - É bom para ler esse conteúdo interessante. Eu concordo com muito do que está escrito aqui e eu vou voltar.
    Mais uma vez obrigado por postar tal material de leitura grande !! Para obter informações, visite o mais relevante aqui
    treinamento de peso com metadrol
    Metadrol experiências

    ReplyDelete