Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Becoming Batman - MMA

 
We live in a dangerous world with real life villains at every corner.  For the opening showing of the new movie, Dark Knight Rising, in Aurora, Colorado, James Holmes slaughtered 12 innocent people and injured 50 others for no apparent reason other than he wanted to punish society for rejecting him.  Many  villains in comic books are outcasts but so are many superheros. When I was a kid I felt small, weak, and defenseless.  I was terrified that someone would come to my house and kill me and my entire family.  I looked up to superheros because I wanted to become one.  To this day as a 23 year old college student, I still have a strong desire to become a superhero.  I want to defend those who can't defend themselves.  I want to become powerful.  I was always interested most in Batman because he had no super powers at all but still could accomplish so much with his trained physical abilities along with his superior detective skills and cool gadgets.  The following are fighting techniques that I believe could lead someone (two thumbs pointed at me) to become a REAL LIFE SUPERHERO

Mixed Martial Arts and Urban Defense

Batman needs to have superior hand to hand combat abilities.  He usually fights alone so he often has to take on multiple attackers at once.  Ground fighting would not be smart so jiu jitsu and wrestling shouldn't be focused on.  Muay Thai Kickboxing should be implemented because it uses devastating strikes from the shins, fists, elbows, and knees.  Judo should also be trained regularly because Batman will need to be able to throw opponents to the ground by using their own momentum against them so that he can focus on other enemies. Krav Maga is an Israeli Special Forces martial art that is used to finish a fight in the street in the fastest possible way. Krav Maga training focuses on disarming opponents.  Batman will have to be able to disarm an opponent's gun, knife, or blunt weapon without even thinking about it.  Muay Thai, Judo, and Krav Maga should be trained on a regular basis for several months before it can become effective. Then the training should be maintained to increase abilities. 

Muay Thai

Judo

Krav Maga

No comments:

Post a Comment