Sunday, January 2, 2011

December 27-January 1st Training

Monday

Crossfit WOD

Complete 21 - 15 – 9 rep rounds of:

Power Snatch 95 lbs (need to work on depth of squat)

Burpees

Immediately afterwards, Complete 9 - 15 – 21 rep rounds of:

Squat Cleans 95 lbs

Ring Dips

For Time! (28:30)

Tuesday

Crossfit WOD

W O D: 4 ROUNDS (28:30)

10 GHD Sit Ups (2 sets) 10 normal sit-ups (2 sets)

15 Pull Ups

20 Push Press at 75 lbs

25 Lunges

Finish with

3 X 1 minute Handstand holds (broken up into smaller sets to total 3 min)

Strength (perform 2 lighter warm-up sets explosively as possible)

A1. Overhead Squat for 3x5 (95 lbs)

A2. Bench Press with Fat Gripz for 3x5 (225 lbs)

B. Trap Bar Deadlift with Fat Gripz for 3x5 at 4x45 lbs plates

Tabata Intervals

2x5 min of Tabata Rounds on elevated treadmill at 8% incline and 8 mph with 3 min of recovery between intervals

Wednesday

Off

Thursday

Crossfit WOD

W O D:

4 Rounds for time of:

50 Double-unders (for 2 rounds and then 150 singles for 2 rounds)

30 Wallball  with 20 lbs

20 Push Ups

10 Toes to Bar

For time! 27:03

Friday

2 hr hike in valley forge mountains with family

Felt very fatigued!

Saturday

AM

Strength

A1. Deadlift for 4 and 5 reps at 335 lbs

A2. Weighted Dips for 4 and 5 reps at 90 lbs

B1. Weighted Wide Pull-Ups for 2x10 at 25 lbs (with re-grip after 6th rep) 3rd set with 10 lbs for 10 reps

B2. Pistol Box Jump for 3x3 (per leg)

PM

Heavy Bag Power Punches for 5 sets of 30 punches

Sunday

Crossfit WOD (New Years 2011)

5 rounds

20 KB Swings 53 lbs

11 Box Overs 18" (lateral jumps over a box)

400 m Run

20 Sit Ups

11 Dead Hang Pull Ups

Reflection

I was able to crossfit hard this week but I did not do enough running. I will work on getting some good running in next week and hopefully hit the trails of valley forge park in my boots. I will still hit the crossfit box hardcore where I will do typical muscular endurance WODs, on the Ramp which is basically instruction on important crossfit exercises, and crossfit strength. I need to focus on my goals. I have 2 remaining weeks of winter break and I want to make the best of it by training hard and eating right (PRIMAL BLUEPRINT) while still relaxing in a stress free environment. I need to work on swimming and try to meet up with Alex Barth, elite ultra marathon runner, to see if I can improve my technique and gain guidance in training my running. I have to monitor my fatigue while pushing it hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment