Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Last One Standing

Each episode begins with the contestants being introduced to a new indigenous society, meeting the local elder or head man. The contestants are introduced to the sport they will be competing in. They must live and eat with the villagers, and help out with village chores while being trained by the villagers, both for general fitness, and in techniques required for the particular sport. Competitors often undertake local rituals or traditions, such as ceremonial dancing, the wearing of tribal clothing, body painting, medicinal treatments, ritual tests of strength or courage, and the offering up of prayers or offerings to local gods or spirits.



When I travel to Brazil this summer, I will do everything within my power to go to the Amazon rainforest and live among some indigenous tribes.  I want to compete in some sport and become like them.  I want to be free from western societal chains and see what it is like to live as a tribal warrior.  I want to learn how to hunt with primal methods.  I have been training my body through functional exercises and combat sports to attempt to achieve hunter-gatherer esque fitness abilities.  I nourish my body as closely to indigenous hunter/gatherer tribes as I can through primal eating and intermittent fasting through the Warrior Diet principles.  I avoid chronic stress by keeping my cool.  Unless a saber tooth tiger is coming at me there is no reason to freak out... I get plenty of sleep.  I unleash my aggression by doing Mixed Martial Arts several times a week.  I will be reading books on tribal life and what to expect.  I think that there is a lot that myself and the western society as a whole can learn from these people.  Their way of life is about sustaining their needs and harboring nature.  Not destroying and exploiting it like we do in the West. I will become a better man through the experiences which in turn will make a better world.  BUTTERFLY EFFECT!


Read about indigenous tribes in Brazil HERE
Story of uncontacted Tribes in the Amazon at Amazon.com... IRONY! -  
"THE UNCONQUERED"
TEDxTalks - Amazonia (Randy Borman)

Sunday
1 hour of boxing training
Monday
Strength
working on Anderson (below parallel) back squat 3x3 (205#) and sumo deadlift 3RM (365#)
Tuesday
Gymnastics
Parallette Handstand Push-Ups down to floor for 3x1 (HARD!)
100 russian kettlebell swings without stopping or putting bell down 
Muay Thai banana bag training for 20 minutes


Grappling for 1 hour working on Judo Throws then against an opponent
Boxing for 1 hour for 3 x 3 minute rounds with 1 min rest

1 comment: