Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Trail Running - Strength - Hang Snatches

Trail Running in Combat Boots
Long Intervals through hills for 3x8 min with at least 3 min recovery
Strength
Back Squats to med ball (15ish inches off ground) for 3,3,3,3 (185#)
Turkish Get-Ups for 3 reps per side with 70# kettlebell
Weighted Pull-ups for 2x5 with 35# and then 5 reps with just body-weight
Hang Power Snatch for 3,3,3 at 135#
Met-Con
In 6 mins, complete:
800m Run (completed in 3:03)
AMRAP of Hang Power Snatch (95#)
For Total Reps!
Completed 33 reps
Tabata Burpees (4 min of 20 sec on and 10 sec off) completed a low of 4 reps
Reflection
The trail running in boots was not too bad. I did longer intervals and kept a good pace. I covered some pretty good distance on some rolling hills in Wissahickon Park. My shoulders, chest, and triceps felt sore from all the push-ups/burpees in the last couple days. I did some good strength work but was not that pleased with my 35 lbs pull-ups, cause I should have been able to get more reps. I hit the met-con pretty well and burned everyone else on the 800 meter run. I am not that good at barbell snatches though so some beat me in reps completed. I will see how I feel tomorrow but most likely I will keep training.
Quote of the Day
"Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you."
~Thomas Jefferson

No comments:

Post a Comment