Wednesday, June 15, 2011

PFT - Deadlift - 100 True Push-ups with + 20 lbs

PFT (Physical Fitness Test USMC)
20 pull-ups (dead hang)
100 crunches in 2 min
3 mile run in 20:16 min
Score of 286/300
Strength
Deadlift 5,5,5 (335 lbs)
Met-Con
100 True Push-Ups (Chest to Deck and locked elbows) with 20 lbs vest
Running 100 m whenever stopped completing push-ups
Only PERFECT Push ups will be allowed! When you're at the bottom, your thighs shouldn't touch the ground. You may not rest or stop at the bottom. You chest must touch the floor on every rep. Your hips and knees should be locked throughout, "sagging" hips or knees will not be tolerated. When you are at the top of the push up, your hips and knees should be equal distance off the ground with a completely "planked" torso. Your elbows my track in any position you would like as long as your elbows fully extend at the top.
Completed in 8:49 min
Yoga for 1 hour
Reflection
This morning I did a pre-ship PFT before OCS. I leave in a little over 2 weeks. I did pretty well considering I was running on about 3 hours of sleep. I would have liked to have gone faster on the run but I felt pretty good. There was not enough people on the run to gage my speed. I barely got the 20 pull-ups. My form has me all over the place. I wish I could do them fast yet under control. I then did some strength training on the deadlift but held back to avoid injury. I also did a cool push-up workout with my weighted vest. Then I did some yoga to help stretch everything out.
Quote of the Day
“Accept the challenges so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory.”
~General George S. Patton

No comments:

Post a Comment