Friday, March 16, 2012

24 HOURS OF NO EATING!

Mark Sisson - author of the Primal Blueprint (57 years old)

After a huge 5 egg omelet (diced ham, diced sausage, onions, mushrooms) at 9 AM I began my 24 hours of not eating aka intermittent controlled fasting until the following day at 9 AM. For that 24 hour period I did not work out and I drank a lot of water, sparkling water, and unsweetened iced tea. It was really not that hard. The sparkling water really helped to fill my stomach. There were a few times that I felt hungry but it quickly subsided.

Now before you write it off as a crash diet that will be harmful to my muscle mass and health check out the below defense from people who have field tested it and who have research (not unreliable surveys like the recent anti-red meat campaign - READ DEFENSE ARTICLE HERE). I hope to improve my body composition and health by fasting sometimes up to 24 hours every week or so. Check out the below articles that support IF (Intermittent Fasting).

The myriad benefits of Intermittent Fasting - Mark's Daily Apple

Ready, Set, Fast: How Strategic Meal-Skipping Can Help You Lose Fat, Gain Muscle, and Get Healthier - The Art of Manliness by John Berardi PhD



Physical Training

Power

A. Thruster find 3 Rep Max worked up to 185 lbs

B1. Band Resisted Dynamic Squat for 10x2 (135#)

B2. Bench Press with fat grips for 2 reps (225 lbs), 3 reps (245 lbs) 3 reps (245 lbs)

Muay Thai banana bag kicks for 20 minutes strikes to leg, body, and head height)
Muay Thai kickboxing training for 1 hour: 14 minutes of tabata - 20 seconds of work and 10 seconds of rest
worked on side kick (think Chuck Norris)

No comments:

Post a Comment