Thursday, March 8, 2012

Life as a Bouncer

I have been working as a bouncer or "bar/club babysitter" as I like to call it, for about 5 months now. I have come across some interesting people and seen some weird things in my experiences late nights with drunk people while completely sober. Being a bouncer now is not as it was years ago. No longer are we allowed to grab people by the neck and "bounce" or toss them out of the bar unless a WORST case scenario. Last week as I was guarding the VIP section in the night club (THE VAULT) that I work at, I was approached by a tall, muscular drunken guy about my age who told me that he could kick my a** if I didn't let him through, which I could not do. Part of me tried to figure out what was club procedure to handle the situation. But the other part of me feared that I would inflict so much damage on this punk that I would be sued or arrested for it if he was to make the mistake of punching me. FEAR of my own abilities is both a good thing and a bad thing. A good thing because I am not afraid of others but afraid of myself. I have been training Muay Thai going on 6 months now. I am starting to train Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Tactical Urban Defense. This along with CrossFit and specific gymnastic training will make me UNSTOPPABLE!


The World's Best Security Does CrossFit - Breaking Muscle

Strength

Back Squat worked up to a MAX single (265 lbs)

Alternated Sets

T-Bar Row for 3x5 at 165 lbs

Bench Press for 3x5 at 225 lbsLink

Super Low Anderson Dead Squat for 3x5 at 185 lbs

Muay Thai training for 1 hour focusing on leg kicks [shin bone is remodeling stronger]

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Grappling training for 1 hour focusing on bump sweeps and kimura

UNBELIEVABLE KICK KO

Quote of the Day

"The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. "
Bruce Lee

Song of the Day

To Close - Alex Care

Midnight Sun | Iceland from SCIENTIFANTASTIC on Vimeo.


No comments:

Post a Comment