Tuesday, April 5, 2011

BS + PP and Heavy Thrusters

Skill
Double Unders for 5x20 with 1 min rest
SWOD
10 min on the min alternating exercises
Back Squat with 205# for 5 reps
155# Push Press for 5 reps
then
155# Thrusters for 8x3 with 1 min rest
Tactical Pull-Ups (pull-up to one side and move head to the opposite side while over the bar) for 6,6,7,8,8 reps
Turkish Get-Up MAX for 1x1 with 90#
Bottoms down 50# Kettlebell One Arm Overhead Press for 5, 7, 8 reps
Captain of Crush #1 Gripper for 3x9
Reflection
Today I did some strength training but kept the pace fast. I need to work on my back squat because my strength in that exercise is pathetic. I will maintain strict form breaking parallel unless purposelly doing partials. It should also help my olympic lifting if I get my Back Squat (BS) weight up. I need to maintain/increase running frequency to maintain/improve running ability while BS training.
Quote of the Day
"There is an immutable conflict at work in life and in business, a constant battle between peace and chaos. Neither can be mastered, but both can be influenced. How you go about that is the key to success."
- Philip Knight

No comments:

Post a Comment