Monday, April 11, 2011

Strength Training (intro to Adventure Racing)


SWOD
Back Squat for 6x1 at 235#
One Arm Dumbbell Side Press with 85# for 2,3,4,5 reps
Weighted Dips for 3,3,3 with 125#
2 finger pull-ups with re-grip for 3x10
Hanging Foot to Bar with straight leg for 3x10
Reflection
I was sick today with a bad migraine. I get them when the weather changes like it did today at a high of 80 something degrees. I had to force myself to vomit out my almond butter, coconut milk, and blueberries/peaches smoothie. Afterwards I had to force myself to sleep off the migraine. I felt foggy for the rest of the day but decided to do some strength training at night. I will try to do some trail running in boots if weather permits and some crossfit conditioning. I would like to do an adventure race that invloves trail running with land navigation, mountain biking, and canoeing. There is a 100 mile race coming up next month. I need a mountain bike though.
Quote of the Day
"Don't be afraid to give your best to what seemingly are small jobs. Every time you conquer one it makes you that much stronger. If you do the little jobs well, the big ones will tend to take care of themselves.” ~Dale Carnegie

No comments:

Post a Comment