Thursday, April 14, 2011

Marine Corps Field Exercise (Friday-Sunday)



I am going to be on a Marine Corps Field Exercise in Quatico,VA from Friday morning until Sunday afternoon. I will be leading patrols, running Small Unit Leadership Evaluations (SULEs), obstacle course, land navigation, and other fun stuff like that. The thing is that I actually semi enjoy some of this stuff. But what I really HATE is being sleep deprived and being cold/wet from rain for several hours/days. I can't complain because US Marines have had to endure MUCH worse. We will be flying in on a Helicopter and we will be able to listen to some TBS (The Basic School) Instructors. It will be a good experience. I hope to learn a lot so that I am prepared for Officer Candidate School on July 8th-August 20th.

"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldier will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"
LT. GEN. LEWIS "CHESTY" PULLER, USMC

No comments:

Post a Comment