Saturday, April 9, 2011

Trail Running in Wissahickon Park and Strength Training

Trail Running in Wissahickon Park at a good pace for about 30 min.
SWOD
Box Squat with mini bands for 1,1,1 for 205#
T-Bar Row for 1,1,1 for 280#
Overhead Squat 1,1,1 for 185# (PR)
T-Bar Barbell Row Pyramid Down with 135#
One arm row 5 reps, switch hands 5 reps, switch hands 4,4,3,3,2,2,1,1 then two handed row for 20 reps
Reflection
Today I ran through Wissahickon Park outside of Philadelphia. The trails were really nice and scenic. Many of the trails were built for Mountain Biking. I would like to try out mountain biking soon. It looks like a good workout. I PRed on the Overhead Squat which will hopefully translate in my olympic lifting. I will implemenet box squats more often because I read that they help to minimize soreness which is important so that I can run.
Quote of the Day
“Example is not the main thing in influencing other people; it’s the only thing.” ~Abraham Lincoln

Watch this inspiring video on Navy Seal, David Goggins, who I actually met once at a Naval Academy vs. Temple Football Game.

No comments:

Post a Comment