Friday, April 22, 2011

PFT and Strength


Physical Fitness Test (Marine Corps)
19 pull-ups
100 crunches in 2 min
20:26 min 3 mile run
Score: 280/300 (Personal Record)
Strength
Off the Rack Back Squat [parallel] for 8(135#), 5(175#), 3(195#), 1(225#)
Weighted Pull-Ups for 5,3,1 (55#,65#,75#)
Fixed Bar Turkish Get-Up for 1 rep with 80#
Reflection
I did well on the pull-ups for the PFT today but I still need to work to get down quicker because I often go slow on the negative. I REALLY need to work more running into my training. The 3 mile course was different than before but I still did poorly. I want to be down to 19:30 min. Especially with the races and OCS coming up. I have been doing a lot of strength training. I will have to scale that a little back to make room for running and work capacity training.
Quote of the Day
"Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally."
- David Frost

No comments:

Post a Comment