Tuesday, April 19, 2011

"Lynne" (BW Bench Press and Pull-Ups)

Strength
Back Box Squat with mini bands for 5x3 with 185#
"Lynne"
Five rounds for max reps of:
Body weight bench press (195#) for 9,8,7,7,5 reps
Pull-ups (kipping) for 17,11,13,12,10 reps
*Rested about 2 min in between super-sets
Foot to Bar Hanging Straight Leg Raises for 2x12
Reflection
I did CrossFit WOD, Lynne, today. Doing the pullups after bench pressing my body-weight was tough because I already felt fatigued. I allowed myself recovery between rounds so that I could push for more reps. I am not sure if that is how the workout is supposed to go but whatever. I did not push any of the rounds to complete muscle failure or else my other rounds would suffer. I will try to get some running in tomorrow hopefully. And maybe some gymnastics and a quick met-con.
Quote of the Day
"As to methods there may be a million and then some, but principles are few. The man who grasps principles can successfully select his own methods. The man who tries methods, ignoring principles, is sure to have trouble."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment