Tuesday, May 31, 2011

2xMuscle Ups and Team WOD

Running
Tabata for 8 rounds of 20 sec sprints and 10 sec rest
Gymnastics
Muscle Ups on rings for 2,1,1,2 reps
Strength
Military Press for 3 (135#), 2 (145#), 1 (155#)
Team WOD (team of 5 with only 2 people working at one time)
Chest to Bar Pull-Ups for 300 reps (I broke them down in sets of 5 mostly)
Kettlebell American Swing for 300 reps at 53 lbs (I broke it down to 10 reps per set)
Barbell Lateral Jumps scaled from double unders (20 jumps a set)
Barbell Overhead Squat scaled from 95# to 75# (broke down to 5-10 reps per set)
Reflection
I was proud of myself that I was able to string 2 muscle-ups together without stopping and I did it two times. I even almost got 3. I feel confident that I can get 5 muscle ups on rings in the next week. I just have use very good form. I have to work on my military press because I would like to be able to strictly press at least 175 lbs. The workout killed me. I had to scale it which sometimes is a blow to my ego but it is for the best. My hands got ripped up and were gushing blood from the pull-ups. I really have to work to push away from the bar so that I can load up for the next rep. I usually slowly lower myself because I feel as if I will fall off if I don't. if I can get better at pushing away from the bar in the descent leading to a kip then pull-ups will become MUCH EASIER.
Quote of the Day
"A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others."
~Ayn Rand

No comments:

Post a Comment