Friday, May 27, 2011

First Muscle-Up! and 250 meter Rowing Sprints


On a Helo
Reflection
Today, I hit my first muscle up on rings. I really had to fight for it to get it. I failed on my first attempt. But what really helped me was to think about kipping while pulling the rings into my lower chest and then immediately bringing my head through the rings with my shoulders above my hands while maintaining the "FALSE-GRIP." I am pretty pumped that I got one. Now my goal is get 5 consecutive ring muscle-ups in the next few weeks. I am also going to try them on a pull-up bar. I have heard that they are easier on the pull-up bar. I also hit 3 hard rowing sprints for 250 meters each. I did them in 40 seconds on each sprint which apparently is pretty good. I would like to knock 5 seconds off of that. I was supposed to do a CrossFit Circuit afterwards but was dry heaving because I had just eaten a peanut butter smoothie before I went. Note to self: Do not do that again!
Quote of the Day
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear."
~Ambrose Redmoon

No comments:

Post a Comment