Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Broad Street Run (10 miles)

The Philadelphia Broad Street Run
10 miles in 1 hour 32 min minus about a 7 min bathroom break.
Reflection
This was a fun race that I did with my friend Sir William "The Slaughterer" Schlucter. It was really cool to just run through Broad Street. The entire stretch was completley for runners without a car in site. I had not ran distance since last November for the Philly Half Marathon! I really need to include some distance running and more running in general. My last 3 mile time was worse than I have done in the past. That is unacceptable to do worse than before. I should be improving on everything that I do. I will be also eating more Paleo/Primal most of the time. I have to include more running (intervals, distance, and Time Trials CrossFit Endurance Style) and more Met-Con (CrossFit circuit type) workouts.
Quote of the Day
“I believe that man will not merely endure. He will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance. “
~William Faulkner


No comments:

Post a Comment