Thursday, March 24, 2011

Olympic Lifting Skill Training and C2 Row Sprints

Iron Sport Gym Training with Steve Pulcinella worked on Snatch, Clean & Jerk with lighter weights, and Atlas Stone Lifts [picked up 215 stone to shoulder level platform] for 2 sets of 1
Snatch Balance for 3x3 at 155 lbs [not too heavy just worked to get in the hole]
C2 Row 10x30 sec sprints with 30 sec of plank/leg raise hold and 90 sec of rest [avg 198 m]
Handstand Push-Up Negatives on Parallettes for 5x3
Reflection
I got a good morning session in with Steve Pulcinella of Iron Sport Gym. He helped me to improve my olympic lifing technique which I will be really working on a few times a week. I also lifted up some stones to put on a platform. I tried to put a 240 lbs stone up on the platform but just missed it. I will go back soon to get that DAMN 240 LBS STONE UP! I will be implementing as much strongman and olympic training as I can while still working on the WHOLE PUZZLE of MAX strength, met-con conditioning, gymnastics skillz, running/cycling/rowing/ect endurance, and more. No specializing! I want to be good at a lot of things but not great at one thing.
Quote of the Day
"Brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want something badly enough. They are there to keep out the other people."
~Randy Pausch
MOTO
This was said by a great man who reflected on his life to a crowd a few months before he died of liver cancer. He was able to basically achieve all of his childhood goals and although he was unable to watch his children grow up, he did not have any regrets and he was happy with the life that he lived. Check out the video of this amazing man and great American.
http://socialcapital.wordpress.com/2008/04/11/randy-pausch-notable-quotes/

No comments:

Post a Comment