Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Gymnastics Practice and Racquet Ball

Foam Roll for 5 min
Racquet Ball for 30 min
Gymnastics Practice
Working on Ring L-Pull-ups, Levers, Toes to Bar, Ring Dips, and Handstand Push-Ups
Reflection
My legs felt sore today from yesterdays workout. I wanted to not push it too hard so that I can be fresh for my training with Highland Games Legend and Strongman, Steve Pulcinella owner of Iron Sport Gym in Glenolden, PA near Philadelphia. Tomorrow hopefully I can improve my olympic skills and work some strongman movements. I enjoyed the racquet ball today and it was the first time I ever did it. I will try to include it in my training whenever possible to add a little bit of active recovery.
MOTIVATION - LIVING PERSONAL RECORDS
This is the core of PR Everyday. The idea of getting better daily. It’s not just about the gym, its about life. Things don’t need to be “good” or even “great” they just need to be better. I don’t know how many steps it takes to get to good, or how many actions are needed to move from good to great, but I do know how much it takes to be better. The slightest degree of change.
Better is not about optimal, not about perfect, better is about better than present state.
If you can turn away trying to be good or great and simply work to be better you will likely go farther, and get there faster. Naturally this is something you need to test out in your own life, it is not certain at this point.
excerpt from http://www.adamtglass.com/
Quote of the Day
"He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

No comments:

Post a Comment