Wednesday, March 30, 2011

200 m repeats and Gymnastics on the Bar

Running
8x200 m sprints with 5x recovery (around 2:30 min) ranged from 32-35 sec 200 m Gymnastics Bar Practice
• 1 Dead Hang Pull Up
• 1 Kipping Pull Up
• 1 Toes to Bar
• 1 Knees to Elbows
Let go of the bar and recover for 30 seconds.
• 2 Dead Hang Pull Up
• 2 Kipping Pull Up
• 2 Toes to Bar
• 2 Knees to Elbows
Let go and recover for 30 seconds.
• 3 Dead Hang Pull Up
• 3 Kipping Pull Up
• 3 Toes to Bar
• 3 Knees to Elbows Let go and recover for 30 sec
Continue up the ladder until failure
Rest 2 min and begin again for 3 total attempts
1st attempt completed 5 rounds, 2nd attempt 4 rounds, 3rd attempt 3 rounds
HSPU Work: 8,7,4 (head near deck)
Rolling for 15 min (backwards roll to push-up position and handstand roll)

Reflection
I did some sprints at the track today which I will continue to do. My legs felt sore from olympic squats the other day but I pushed through. I worked more on speed than conditioning by giving myself a good amount of recovery between sprints. I then went to gymnastics practice and did a conditioning workout on the bouncy pull-up bar. My hands started bleeding pretty bad and I had to stop. I am going to invest in some gymnastics grip hooks.
Quote of the Day
"We shall never have more time. We have, and have always had, all the time there is. No object is served in waiting until next week or even until to-morrow. Keep going day in and out. Concentrate on something useful. Having decided to achieve a task, achieve it at all costs."
- Arnold Bennett
MOTO
Check this out. Its a personal defense system called SPEAR by Tony Blauer. It is becoming very popular among CrossFitters.
http://www.tonyblauer.com/4105/02_01_01_spearsystem.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment