Friday, March 18, 2011

Gymnastics Training

Photo: Ricky Pellegrino, gymnastics olympian hopeful, in a one arm handstand
Gymnastics
HSPU:5x2 (controlled reps with plenty of rest)
Handstand Hold with 20# Vest 3x1 min (if failed during min then shake off for a few sec and try again)
Pistols with 20# vest for 3x5 (per leg) with minor push with hand to support
Ring L-Pull-Ups for 3x10
Lever Push-Ups for 3x10 (per side) [one arm completely laterally extended onto parallette other arm on other parallette in normal push-up position]
One Arm Overhead Barbell Press for 95# 3x1 (a little body English to get bar overhead but not much)
Reflection
Today I mostly focused on Gymnastics and shoulder strength. I did not want to overdo it because I will be doing "The Fight for Air Climb" which is a 50 floor stair race for the American Lung Association tomorrow morning. I will probably try to get some more training in if I can. Hopefully next week I can dial in my SEMPERFIT/CF Endurance Training so that it is more structured.
Quote of the Day
"The price of greatness is responsibility."
~Winston Churchill

No comments:

Post a Comment