Wednesday, January 25, 2012

24 hour fast successful!

Metabolic Conditioning
21-15-9 reps (complete both exercises at the rep range until moving to the next rep range)
Deadlift (225 lbs)
Inverted Handstand Push-Ups
Completed in 6:10 minutes

Reflection
I did not think before today (9 AM after workout I was done) that I could go 24 hours without eating a single thing. It was actually easier than I thought. I was and still am a little skeptical about Intermittent Fasting. Is it healthy!? Many people seem to think so. Others, like any idea that isn't common thinking (similar to the earth being flat, ect) discount it immediatly. Everyone should be skeptical about unknown things, but they should also go out and research and even test it on themselves before completely refuting it. I am no longer afraid to skip a meal b/c apparently the metabolic effect of eating often has been dis-proven in recent research. I will just continue to eat natural (paleo) foods in correct portions and implement IF (Intermittent Fasting) whenever I feel like it.

Quote of the Day
"Make the best use of what is in your power, and take the rest as it happens."
Epictetus

Community, technology, environment, and economy: The 4 drivers of collaborative consumption

Business needs more Judo, less Karate - Harvard Business Review (Marketing)

No comments:

Post a Comment