Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Intermittent Fasting

Speed
Incline Treadmill Sprints for 20 minutes
30 second sprints followed by 90 sec recovery walk
(max incline was 10% and max speed was 10 MPH)
Boxing
1 hour of focus mitts working on unorthodox offensive and defensive moves
LinkIntermittent Fasting
Today into tomorrow (at 9 AM) I am fasting for 24 hours straight! Before I thought that it was taboo but from what I have been reading it makes perfect sense to me. I had feared that my muscles would wither away or that I would die of hunger but now I do not believe that to be true. I intend to implement IF a few times a week and perhaps a 24 hour fast once a week. It will also save me money for other things... Our ancestors had to fast all the time even though it was not their choice. It can also provide a mental edge so that I will know in the future to only eat when I am hungry. Eat to live, don't live to eat. Research says that fasting can improve lifespan, prevent diseases, and get you lean. It needs to be done sparingly to not cause anorexia, obviously. With great power comes great responsibility.

Quote of the Day
"Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy."
Norman Vincent Peale

Monkeys escape Brazilian zoo using rocks!

CrossFit West Chester on PHL17

Crossing the Amazon

BELOW VIDEO: "Last One Standing" reality series on athletes from western countries competing in cultural sports in remote locations

No comments:

Post a Comment